Wednesday 4 January 2012

HELLO 2012!

Happy New Year everybody! Hope you all had a wonderful festive period. Apologies for not blogging over the past few weeks, I’ve been busy with work and spending time with my family & friends. Today is my only day off so I thought I’d spend it blogging, doing coursework and laundry.
So it’s 2012 and it’s off to a great start. I’ve been looking at the S/S ’12 trends and it’s making me very exciting for summer already (only 11 weeks and 4 days until British Summer Time guys!)
The S/S collections from the likes of Louise Gray, Meadham Kirchoff and Jeremy Scott showcase a sickly sweet and sour look. Think cute dresses in an array of both bold and soft colours with frilly school girl socks, nu-rave accessories and rag-doll hair. Sounds crazy doesn't it.


Louise Gray




Meadham Kirchhoff


Viktor & Rolf


Prints also seem to be putting themselves on every item of clothing this year. The amazing Mary Katrantzou is launching her collection with Topshop this year meaning us students (otherwise known as peasants) get to wear designer at high street prices. I think this will be a brilliant success looking back on the Versace for H&M craze. 



Peter Som


Moving away from the colour and hazard prints, 2012 will say hello to flapper dresses and a white pallet of shimmering garmets. 


Ralph Lauren


Marc Jacobs, Chanel and Louis Vitton have all experimented with pastel colours in their S/S collections. Just like Kirchoff these pieces bring out the cute little girl in you.


No comments:

Post a Comment